Clean & Cool is a highly concentrated multi-functional supplemental coolant additive that is specially formulated for use in all conventional types of ethylene glycol based antifreeze mixtures used in diesel and gasoline engines.
Clean & Cool contains a highly concentrated additive package that contains a combination of molybdate, low nitrate corrosion inhibitor system, dispersants, surfactants, and synthetic organic polymers. When used at the recommended treatment levels this additive package allows Clean & Cool to provide the following performance benefits:
- Prevention of the formation of rust, scale and iron corrosion deposits by the formation of a monomolecular film on all metal surfaces including aluminum.
- Removal of existing rust, scale and iron corrosion deposits, while the engine is in operation.
- Reduces the potential for overheating.
- Prevention of galvanic corrosion caused by electrolysis.
- Inhibition of corrosion to copper and its alloys due to the presence of a tolytriazole corrosion inhibitor.
- Lubrication of water pumps and seals.
- Prevention of the formation of green goo.
- Elimination of coolant foaming by reducing the surface tension of the coolant. This reduces the potential for cavitation.
- Neutralization of harmful acids that result as antifreeze chemically breaks down.
- Prevention of the erosion of soft metals.
- Improved efficiency and extended engine life.
- Will not affect gaskets and hoses.
- Non-toxic and non-corrosive in use concentration.
- Will not support bacterial growth due to its low nitrate formulation.